Aloysius Gan Kai Hong
- Event(s)BC3 Individual Male (ACP Mom - Ms Eve Cher); BC3 Mixed Pairs (Partner with Toh Sze Ning)
Beginning his sports journey as part of the Boccia co-curricular programme in Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore (CPAS) School when he was seven years old, Aloysius grew to love the sport and enjoyed applying different strategies against various opponents. Aloysius has gone on to perform outstandingly as a young and upcoming athlete. Aloysius had his first taste of competing against international opponents at the Tiger Balm Singapore Boccia Open 2018. Aloysius earned a respectable 4th placing in the BC3 Individual event. Aloysius made a formidable pair with his senior, Toh Sze Ning, and snatched silver in the BC3 Pair event.
Aloysius was appointed Singapores flag bearer for the Bahrain 2021 Asian Youth Para Games. In his major games debut, Aloysius clinched a Gold in the BC3 Individual event and a silver in the BC3 Mixed Pair event. Aloysius long-term goal is to qualify for the Paralympic Games.
Aloysius was his schools Boccia CCA captain and provided guidance as a mentor for his juniors. Aloysius was also named the Sportsboy of the Year (Resilience) for the year 2021 at the Singapore Disability Sports Awards.
Outside of Boccia, Aloysius enjoys video editing and enjoys listening to music during his quiet time.
His personal philosophy: The ability to have a dream to pursue is probably one of the greatest gifts from God.
- 2023 ASEAN Para Games - Mixed Pairs BC3, Bronze
- 2023 ASEAN Para Games - BC3 Individual, Silver
- 2022 ASEAN Para Games - BC3 Individual, Silver
- 2022 ASEAN Para Games -BC3 Mixed Pair, Gold
- 2021 AYPG - BC3 Individual, Gold
- 2021 AYPG - BC3 Mixed Pair, Silver